B&W 2000 is a double-acting, two-stroke engine. It was put into operation in 1933 and was for more than 30 years, the world’s largest diesel engine. The engine measures 24,6 meters in length, 12,5 meter in height and weighs 1400 tons. B&W 2000 is demonstrated the 1st and 3rd Sunday every month at 11am, and on special occasions.
B&W Nr. 1
B&W No. 1, DM140, was the first diesel engine delivered by B&W, back in 1904, to N. Larsen wagon factory in Copenhagen. Its purpose was to power a dynamo that would provide lighting power to the factory, and a driven shaft for pulling machines. After 20 years of operation it was sold to a pump station in Jutland, where it kept going seamlessly.
Holeby Nr. 1
Holebys engine no. 1 was produced in 1910 and placed in Christophersens power station in Holeby. Later it was then dismantled and stored in boxes, in preparation to become a landmark in front Holebys administration building. This never came to be and when DieselHouse was established the engine received a new purpose.
The Bur-Wain Engine
The Bur-Wain diesel engines were produced in the years 1938-1948 at B&W on Wilders Plads. In total, approx. 1600 units were produced. This type of engine, Bur-Wain Diesel 6 A 13 D, year 1945′, is a four-stroke engine. The Bur-Wain engines were primarily used in trucks and buses.
Steam engines play a large part on connection with the expansion, excavation and dredging of the Copenhagen harbor facilities in the late 1800s. B&W steam engine No. 356, 1872, is with two cylinders generating an output of 40hp, is used on a barge crane owned by the Copenhagen Port Authority. It is in use until the 1930s.